Competence development focused on occupational training and internal operations. Additionally, employees were provided with communication, work safety, first aid and IT as well as quality and environmental related trainings.
In 2012, the coverage of performance appraisals was 26% (31%) while the target was 100%. At Raisio's Finnish sites the performance appraisals covered 100% of the staff and in the UK 11%. In the UK performance appraisals mainly cover management, middle management and key personnel. Raisio arranged training in Czech Republic to begin the performance appraisals in 2014.
- Brands Division continued the meeting practice of Extended Management Team, launched in connection of the Division's reorganisation. In 2013, there were two Extended Management Teams in which the key directors of different operations participated. The aim of the meeting practice is to deepen the understanding of Raisio Group's strategy and operations, to improve the Division's internal cooperation and to enhance operations.
- Raisio continued the strengthening of the role of superiors and personnel communications. Several training and informative events were arranged for superiors with the focus on Raisio's topical issues and the development of the company from the viewpoint of responsibility.
- In 2013, the focus of the Trainee Programme was on Raisioagro's operations. The Trainee Programme is for recent graduates or persons just finishing their studies, who are qualifying for their role at Raisio through on-the-job learning and job rotation. Most of the trainees continue to work at Raisio after the trainee period.
- Superior trainings were carried out widely in different countries and units. In Finland, Raisio continued its internal long-term superior and specialist training. In the UK, in addition to general superior training, Raisio arranged training on work induction and changed HR practices. In the Czech Republic, superiors were studying performance appraisal practices. Performance appraisals will be started gradually in the Czech Republic in 2014. In addition, employees in specialist or superior positions develop their business and leadership skills by attending eMBA programmes.
- The model for early support and intervention as well as sickness absence practices were specified and superiors were offered training in the related matters.
- Demand for internal workshop instructors has been high. New training for workshop instructors was launched in 2013. The instructors lead participatory think tanks as well as problem solving and planning meetings. In Finland, the instructors arranged staff workshops on the Personnel Survey results.
- The seventh group in the Leading Raisio management training continued their studies until the spring 2013. The training aims to implement the vision and strategy in practice, to enhance strategic business competence as well as to develop communication, managerial and cooperation skills. Topics such as future, influencing and communications are emphasised in the training.
- By improving superior-subordinate communications, among other things, the company invested in the planning of change projects and in the development of communication and change management skills.
- For company visits not dependent on time or place, Raisio prepared a virtual visit/tour package consisting of company presentation videos and materials as well as introduction videos of occupations.
- Raisio invested EUR 257,000 (404,000) in personnel training. Internal trainings are not included in the figure.